Market Alert: Changes to Microsoft Licensing Rules
Author: Scott Braden
Microsoft has recently announced upcoming changes to several key licensing rules and offerings for a variety of desktop, server, and virtualization products that, taken together, may significantly alter many of NET(net)’s past recommendations regarding the cost optimization as it relates to the usage of these products and features.
These changes will be formally rolled out during the remainder of 2016 and unless these areas are assessed, the vast majority of Microsoft Customers (including the clients who have previously engaged us for optimization services) will be significantly over-paying based on the former methods and the prior Microsoft licensing rules. Our revised recommendations will likely result in additional savings opportunities, and in some cases will represent very significant savings potential.
As a result, NET(net) recommends an immediate re-assessment of your specific situation regarding these products.
At no charge and with no obligation to you, we will:
- Review and update your current usage and plans as it relates to these areas.
- Assess the potential financial impacts of these new opportunities in your specific environment.
If justified, we will offer applicable IT Investment Optimization Services for your consideration and recommend appropriate methods to realize these improvements. We service business need on a first come, first serve basis with priority given to our existing clients.
To arrange your quick assessment, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the form below:
NET(net)’s Website/Blogs/Articles and other content is subject to NET(net)’s legal terms offered for general information purposes only, and while NET(net) may offer its unadulterated views and colorful opinions regarding the subject matter, such views and opinions are not intended to malign or disparage any other company, individual, or group.
NET(net) is a global disruptive industry force for good and has the experience you want, the expertise you need, and delivers the performance you demand to help you save money and improve value. NET(net) is the world’s only fully technology-enabled consultancy exclusively specializing in full service optimization of the technology supply chain, bringing clients and suppliers together to create winning markets and winning relationships.
We help clients:
- Find Value in their professional supply chain through strategic sourcing efforts designed to align client need to supplier capabilities while leveraging our objective, evidenced based processes to deliver optimized supplier proposals.
- Get Value in a custom marketplace created through bespoke supplier negotiation assistance, leveraging our federated market intelligence, resulting in improved commercial arrangements and strengthened contractual agreements.
- Keep Value in their organization through proactive industry best strategic supplier performance management of the agreement, the investment and the relationship, resulting in better, more sustainable business partnerships designed to deliver long term sustainable business value.
With clients around the world in nearly all industries and geographies, and with the experience of tens of thousands of field engagements, we have helped our clients capture hundreds of billions of dollars of incremental value. Contact your NET(net) representative, email us at email@example.com, visit us online at www.netnetweb.com, or call us at +1-866-2-NET-net today to see if we can help you capture more value.